Sunday, February 27, 2011

mom does it all

after since the first grandbaby my mom has bought and refinished old dressers for the baby to have. so this time around it was no different for me. She stoked craigslist and found nothing, but we ended up getting a free dresser from Josh's sister. it was pretty ugly and we were positive that we'll just have to paint it, but mom worked her magic and it turned out beautiful.
after she sanded it down
i knew from the moment i found out i was pregnant that i was going to make the bumper for the crib. i'm just too picky and i didn't want to spend the large amount of cash on a crib set when all i needed was the bumper. I took the design from my nieces bumper and found the boy ribbon i liked and my mom sewed it all together. i absolutely love love love how it turned out. the colors are perfect and the outside of it is just a plain navy. the picture doesn't do it justice!

my mom also makes blankets for the her grandbabies and she didn't fail to create two ridiculously cute blankets for my little man.
if only i was as good on the sewing machine as her.....maybe one day!



No comments: