Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Birthday weekend

The Jakobson family went camping again this past weekend.(phew we've been camping a lot this summer) This camping trip we do every year for my brother Cory's birthday! Of course we picked the coldest weekend to go and my head froze at night, but our luck it did warm up for us to take a nice hike and ride the dirt bike and the little kiddos rode Grant's awesome 4-wheeler.

Happy Birthday Cory! you've accomplished a lot in the past 20 plus 10 years and have produced the two cutest kids ever!

we found a great open area at the top of our hike to just sit and watch everyone ride the dirt bike. (we're missing Jenny the photographer, mom and Cory they were off watching Cory ride the dirt bike.)
I really wanted to try and ride it, but it was just a little too big and heavy... and a little scary. So the first time I started it and tried to take off I killed it and that was the end for me. Next year we need to get a smaller bike for us girls to ride.

Grant has had his gas power 4-wheeler since he was 2.5. and has really learned to ride it and he has only rolled it once. So he took Madelyn and Kole for rides on it and loved showing them how to ride it. He got tired and a little scared riding it down the mountain so I rode it down for him. Yes I'm a little to heavy for it and weigh it down a bit, but it was better than walking and everyone always gets a good laugh out of it.


I love camping with the family it's always a good time!




4 comments:

kylie said...

i love the pink crocs and pink socks. and i love the 2003 track and field shirt haha. and i love camping and your family!

kylie said...

turley blog is going private--blog me your email address asap ;)

kylie said...

hey hilary! sorry it's me again haha. but if your friends wanna still look at my blog they can leave a comment with their email and i'll let them. who are they, do i know them? so funny.

jrwillden said...

Hey Wild Willdens!
I am so happy to see you guys blog, but I guess, really, who doesn't anymore? It seems like a an incredible life you lead. Always going, enjoying each other. It's great. I look forward to reading future posts ... and the next summer reunion!! ryann & jake