Tuesday, April 1, 2014

six tunnel hoover dam marathon

I was talked into running my first race by my loving hubby and brother/sister n law. I did a few months of training and was really really nervous of how I was going to run a race. my only goal was to not walk and to finish. the perk of the race was that it was held in Las Vegas! so we had a nice little weekend away.
 
the kids stayed with my parent's and had a blast. it was my firs time leaving hails and I wasn't real sad until she actually left me.
 once in vegas we ate at some of our favorite places there such as, in n out,  pei wei and our favorite Nielsons.
 Amanda and I split the 1/2 marathon and I ran 6 miles and she ran the 7.1. Josh and Tyson both ran the full 1/2 and did awesome.



 josh and tyson
 my I pod died right at the beginning but lucky for me Amanda was near by taking pictures and jumped in and swamped me I pods. I would have died with out music.
 Amanda and Tyson. he had already finished but wanted to finish Amanda's with her.
 Tyson finished with a great time and same with josh even though he hardly trained for it. Amanda did awesome with her really hard part of the run and I finished my 6 miles with out stopping and with a personal best time! I am so proud of myself. Amanda and I actually got 3rd place in the relay team and an average pace of 9 mins and 45 sec! that's so awesome for me considering I thought I wasn't going to do good. I'm ready for my next race now.
 relaxing at the pool at our hotel. we stayed off the strip and on lake las vegas at the westin. totally loved it.

 that same night we got all dressed up and headed down to the strip. it was real hot and the people watching was real good.
 had dinner at the amazing Mesa Grill!
 I was so happy though to come home and see this sweet face
 who I think missed me as much as I missed her
 and this sweet face boy!

No comments: